Deposit refused

Hey, this has nothing to do with openrent, this is my new house and am well happy with it.

It’s to do with my old house I moved from

We moved out before Christmas and the estate agent said we aren’t getting deposit back due to dilapidation’s :man_facepalming:t2: we lived there for 7 years with no issue and there’s nothing wrong with the house, we paid for it to be cleaned when we moved and everything.

Now here’s where it gets interesting - the agents sent us an email saying we can appeal and needs to be done by x date, we did that only to be told that we are to late and the agents gave us the wrong date so we can’t appeal anymore.

Do I have any legal standing since the agents gave us the wrong date to appeal by? I have loads of evidence and can go to small claims court if it’s worth it :man_shrugging:t4:

Yes, of course you do. Contact whichever deposit scheme it was protected with and tell them you dispute the retention and tell them the story.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.