Do each listing has to have a separate contract or multiple listing can be handled under one contract?

Do each listing has to have a separate contract or multiple listing can be handled under one contract? that’s because I have multiple rooms to let out, so I am not quite sure if I have to pay for the contract individually or if they all can be covered under one supbscription?

Hi Sajid,

If you’re looking for us to create multiple tenancies - such as for each individual tenant who’s moving in - you’ll need to create a listing for each room.

If you’re looking to rent out the entire property to a group of friends or a family let’s say, you can just advertise the entire property this way, and there’d be one contract.

You can see sample copies of both types of contracts here.

George

Hi,

I’m using the Openrent “rent now” option for a property with 3 individuals who want to rent a house on one contract. My question is if I use Openrent rent collection, can they all make 3 separate payments each month for the rent? Or does it need to be one payment from one of the tenants? (i.e the others pay her and she pays me?)

Hi Daniel,

When using Rent Collection, your tenants will be able to make 3 individual payments rather than making one payment for the entire rent. Please bear in mind that we’ll pass any payments we receive from the tenants to you immediately. This means that if the tenants make 3 individual payments, we’ll send each payment to you immediately after we receive it, so you’ll get 3 separate payments from us. Likewise, if the tenants make one payment, we’ll send the rent to you as one payment.

Usmaan

Hi Usmaan,

Thank you for your reply.

So if I them up as 3 tenants on the tenancy agreement will it automatically request 1/3 of the rent from each them? Or does this split need to be configured somehow?