Health and landlords

Living in houseshares are all I can afford unfortunately especially now.
I am in a place with owner occupier and I do my best to keep it professional and detached. I dont accept offers of help like lifts nor days out or shared meals etc.

For some time they have been badgering me about health. 4 times they have requested my GPs name, once putting piece of paper under my nose for me to write on. I got very annoyed last 2 times. They have my emergency contact who has all they need to know. Besides theres a hospital literally 2 mins from house.
The next issue is they are asking me to about covid and very into getting injections, I think theyve had every one. Thats up to them but they are interfering with my choices now.

So…anyone else had same involvement and what did you say. Im not weak, Im likely to go off like a rocket at some point and would rather not. I just want a roof over my head. I am a super considerate and quiet lodger who does not want to be manipulated when in need of accommodation. And can honestly say Im feeling very sad and frustrated.

That is needlessly intrusive. Tell them you are not prepared to share your personal information and that is that.

2 Likes

It doesnt matter if you tell them or not, a doctor wont disclose anything to them.

Tell them you are not willing to discuss such personal information.

Maybe they are vulnerable? regardless its too personal.

1 Like

Thank you Steve and Mark, I needed some reassurance. No other time have people become in such a way that they think they can question your health and individual decisions. Its stressful for me and I wonder how far this can go or has, for some people. Ultimately people losing shelter because of exercising their human right. Likely. Need to get a grip of themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.