Help Needed with a property

so it must be communal then

well hes only allowed to go around the back of the apartment then because im not letting him have keys to my apartment

1 Like

Hi. Really hard for you to make a decision with such a huge chunk of information missing. Hope the landlord comes up with some answers for you. You and your family keep well too.

thanks all the best :slight_smile:

Straightforward… Ask the landlord to confirm in writing the situation in regards to who has access to the garden. He will need to read the lease or get confirmation from his solicitor. Knock on the door of the other residents and ask. No one here will be able to give you a definite answer as they simply don’t know the details.

Not necessarily, it is possible they were just stopping it turning to cr*p because they have to look out at it, or because they were decent people.

Is there any clue from how the garden is laid out? (Often if it is shared, it is obvious that it is split into two equal areas, with each tenant having responsibility for one area.)

But I would say if there is no access to the garden from the other flat directly, it’s more likely that they don’t have shared access.

Your landlord does know! His solicitor will have told him the situation with the garden when he bought the property

Hi Rhyce,
I always think talk to people. the guy upstairs may be lovely and and anyway he will be a neighbor so you will be close in that way. You wouldn’t leave a small child alone anyway, even in your own garden, unless you can see them.
Talk to the landlord too, as he must know, and see if the he and the upstairs guy would mind you locking the gate to prevent anyone wandering in.
If he is taking care of the garden, and is nice, you may even want him there!
communicate with him.

1 Like

In the unlikely event, the garden is shared. What is more likely is that either the front belongs to upstairs or the back. In case of a maisonette, the garden may well be split into two. One for each flat.

Hi

There is no front garden its a plain and busy street.