Help. With looking for a home

Good.evening I am. Writing from. Italy I am. An English citizen with a daughter of. 27 years old. My wish is to come. Back. Home and live my last. Years near my family. My aunts and cousins. We are both British citizens. I am. Looking for a home. But having large problems as I am. Unable. To visit. Properties personally. And I am. Unable.to.confirm.my identity as I do not possess an English mobile number. We would like to leave Italy before the end of november. My problem is that we will. Arrive and will. Not be working but using my savings I have offered. To pay my deposit and 2 months rent up Front. So we have time to find.work and settle down. Can anyone help. Me out as we are both very unhappy here in italy. There are no children no smokers. And 2 dwarf rabbits. That would live in there large cage

@Julie84

Good luck but in england under RRA no LL can require more than 1 months rent (and that’s only for month 1) so they have to take a chance on you paying the upfront 2nd month of rent voluntarily. And without income after month 2, why would any LL take a chance on you? Economy not doing well at moment. If you cant pay and get into arrears it can take over a year to evict you during which they will get no rent and have legal fees too. Without you having income they won’t be able to get rent guarantee insurance either. It’s not good for you to get into arrears either.

Maybe see if you can find a guarantor?

Maybe see if you can stay with friends or family in england while you find some work, and that’ll help with being able to view too

Good luck

I did. Offer to pay my deposit and 2 months rent up Front so we have time to find.work and settle down..i do realise that moving back will. Not be easy. I infortuna cannot move back. And leave my daughter here alone.. I cannot pay 2 rents and bills and she would. Not be able to manage on her own

You need to get a job offer before you apply to be a tenant. The rest can all be sorted but it will be very hard indeed to rent somewhere unless you can actually prove you have a reliable source of income sufficient to pay the rent. Savings, rent in advance etc are neither here nor there. A reference confirming salary will do the job nicely.

2 Likes