I want a house with a ccj

Hi there

I am looking for a 1 or 2 bed flat in East London, West London and south London, Manchester or Birmingham.

Now the problem is i have two CCJ and im being upfront and true but l do work in the health industry, and have a spouse who is working too and we can handle the rent please.

Any help would be grateful.

Do you actually have jobs in those diverse areas ?

1 Like

Hi Steve because we have jobs in London as of now but willingto relocateto to also Manchesteror Birmingham as we are already applyingfor jobs there too.

Is there a way you would help with finding us a 1/2 bed house please.

Unfortunately now with lack of accommodation and risk adverse landlords, with a ccj it will be
Difficult when a landlord can choose someone who hasn’t , I would explain to a landlord what the ccj is for , if it’s for rent arrears well I would expect a very hard time finding somewhere.

1 Like

If your CCJ is satisfied (ie you have complied with the Court order to pay it in full), this might help, but if it is not paid, then I suspect most landlords and referencing agencies would see this as a big problem.

I’m sorry, am I the only one that wants to say, “houses don’t have ccjs”!!

Seriously though, the only thing you can do is to be up front with potential landlords, and hopefully be able to show that you have paid it and are not repeating the mistake.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.