Land lord taking long to get everything done

Hi guys.
The situation is very wierd. So since the reference check land lord taking so long to do the next step. Firstly after reference check we agreed with him to pay 3 months in advance and deposit also holding deposit payed. He took a week to relise the contract with messages - I’ll do today or tomorrow 3 times. Next day after relising contract he asked if we can provide guarantor or pay 6-12 months rent in advance what is imposible I belive for anybody who is renting. We managed to get guarantor but he doesn’t contact her as promosed. Time to move out grom our curent property is due and still nothimg is done almost for 3 weeks. I’m stuck a bit with this as i dont know what shall i do. I almost have no time to find another property as we already signed the contract and waiting for landlord signature. any advices on the next step and is that legal at all?

Sounds like a nightmare of a Landlord, but if they haven’t signed the contract yet, you do not yet have a tenancy, so you should continue to source other properties.

Have you paid holding deposit via Openrent or direct?

1 Like

you did view the place in person? Was it all thru Openrent or an estate agent? Have you also paid 3 months in advance?

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes i did through openrent. To be honest for me main issue that we signed the contract and have to cancel it if anything will go wrong but as i understad i wont be able to get it back in full or get it at all if I’ll cancel the tenancy. And if i wont do it and find another propery and landlord will sign the contract ill be in trouble

Hi. Thank you for reply. Yes I’ve done viewing. For now paid just holding deposit as openrent doesn’t let pay until contract is signed by all parties.

Ivan you have done this the safe way then. Landlord is an idiot to do this to you. Hopefully Openrent will spot your plight and help.

1 Like

Landlord should only retain holding deposit for 15 days. Google ‘Openrent holding deposit rules’. I cant post the link as it’ll have to await authorisation.

1 Like