Landlord refused viewing

Hello there ,
today I requested a viewing of a property …one hour later the landlord rejected me as I failed the screening questions:roll_eyes:
no questions where asked …either when creating account or when launching enquire with this landlord …
anybody in the know about this issue ?

Hi George. better to know now at an early stage rather than later down the line

thanks for your interest but is better to know what exactly ? the landlord or OpenRent never ask me any screening questions —this is what puzzled me .only email and phone number ,

better to know early on that you havnt got it rather than later on . You can now look for another early on

that’s the thing Colin , i’v got everything I need in regards to references etc. but no questions where asked .

they asked you no questions when you applied?You said you failed the screening questions?

no questions Colin3 …I clicked onto request a viewing button and voilla …one hour later I got the message with says landlord refused as I have not past the screening questions . while I respect the landlord’s wright to refuse a tenant I cannot understand why as they only know my first name and email address .no questions where asked or other means of interactions where made …

George I cant figure that out. maybe Openrent will answer you when they open up tomorrow. Hope you get sorted out Regards Colin.

Hey George - if you send the property reference number and the contact details you used to enquire about the property (i.e. your own contact details) to https://www.openrent.co.uk/faq#i-have-more-questions then the team can look into what happened here.

1 Like