Landlord (?SCAMMER?)

Hello everyone

I just need some help and advise please. I have put my interest in for a family house and the landlord is constantly asking me for a full month amount of a deposit £×××× before he can book me in for a viewing. I have asked him several times that we like to view ot first but he wont book us a slot before he can get the deposit. He has sent us his bank details to transfer the money but my feelings are holding me back :pensive: Do you guys really think he is legit or is he a scammer :thinking:
Thanks in advance

DO NOT DO IT No one should give over any money before a viewing and even then check out the Landlord that he does own the property Always go with your gut feeling

4 Likes

Thank you for your prompt reply . So we will stay away then

1 Like

Yes, definitely sounds like a scam. If it’s an ad on Openrent, the will be a button on the ad and you can report it - please do to help stop anyone falling for it.

2 Likes

100% scam. If not now, then later.

2 Likes

Run, run very fast. This is not legit.

1 Like

Is this a property on openrent?
Worth reporting so can be checked out.
Almost certainly a scam.

2 Likes

Certainly it is here on OpenRent i am willing to to report him on OpenRent but couldn’t find any kinda button to report him.

At the very bottom of the ad theres a report listing link (not a button, just the words report listing)

2 Likes

Appreciate your help mate :+1: I have now reported him

2 Likes

SCAMMER! I Had one try the same with me for a flat in St Peters, in which l don’t even think they owned. Report them.

This is happening more and more regularly now. Both potential separate tenants have posed like this to get a viewing. It’s such a worry.

1 Like

To avoid others posting into this thread with personal details of potential landlords / users they are concerned about, this thread will now be closed.

If anyone does have a concern about another OpenRent user, please report them using the report button on every advert, or contact us directly here. We’ll investigate any reports of this nature, as well as provide support / next steps.