Landlord (?SCAMMER?)

Hello everyone

I just need some help and advise please. I have put my interest in for a family house and the landlord is constantly asking me for a full month amount of a deposit £×××× before he can book me in for a viewing. I have asked him several times that we like to view ot first but he wont book us a slot before he can get the deposit. He has sent us his bank details to transfer the money but my feelings are holding me back :pensive: Do you guys really think he is legit or is he a scammer :thinking:
Thanks in advance

DO NOT DO IT No one should give over any money before a viewing and even then check out the Landlord that he does own the property Always go with your gut feeling

4 Likes

Thank you for your prompt reply . So we will stay away then

1 Like

Yes, definitely sounds like a scam. If it’s an ad on Openrent, the will be a button on the ad and you can report it - please do to help stop anyone falling for it.

2 Likes

100% scam. If not now, then later.

2 Likes

Run, run very fast. This is not legit.

1 Like

Is this a property on openrent?
Worth reporting so can be checked out.
Almost certainly a scam.

2 Likes

Certainly it is here on OpenRent i am willing to to report him on OpenRent but couldn’t find any kinda button to report him.

At the very bottom of the ad theres a report listing link (not a button, just the words report listing)

2 Likes

Appreciate your help mate :+1: I have now reported him

2 Likes

SCAMMER! I Had one try the same with me for a flat in St Peters, in which l don’t even think they owned. Report them.