Landlord won't accept break clause

Apologies for another break clause question, but my landlord and I are in disagreement. I am almost 8 months into the tenancy, and have recently given over 2 months written notice that I wish to activate the break clause and end the contract at the end of May. Our break clause is as follows:

12.5. Any time after 4 months from the start of the Tenancy Agreement either party can exercise the break clause by giving two months notice in writing to the other party. This means that the earliest time that the tenancy can be ended by this clause is after the expiry of 6 months from the commencement of the Term.

My landlord has rejected my notice to allow us to leave early, however I am under the impression from the wording of the contract that she can’t do this. Please could someone clarify? Many thanks in advance.

Hi Mabel, I cannot give you definitive advise on the terms of your tenancy agreement, but it from what you’ve shared, I agree with you; it doesn’t look like having the landlord’s permission is a condition of you successfully serving notice as described in the break clause.

Sam