Long Stay in Scotland

I live in Canada but plan to come to Scotland for an extended stay from March to September 2025. I am looking for a furnished cottage, house or flat with minimum three bedrooms But could go with two if there’s space for a blowup air bed. I’m finding it hard to contact landlords on this site as I don’t have a UK phone number. If anyone has a property that meets these specifications, I would love to talk to you. I’m hoping to spend 1500 to 1600 £ per month maximum I will be there for the full six months, but will have family and friends visiting me and that’s why I require the extra bedrooms. Open to any questions please contact me , thank you for your assistance.

As this is so far in advance, you may struggle, as Landlords will not yet know if their property will be empty or not.

Personally as a Landlord, I wouldn’t know if I have a property available in a months time… until the tenants give notice to move out, I have no idea.

Thank you for the information. What would be the earliest you might suggest for me to reach out to landlords?

I would suggest just before you come. You may need to get an Airbnb for a few weeks until you find a place.

1 Like