My advert taken down due to the "fair usage policy"

Due to the high viewing request for my house OR have said that they have to pause my advert and i would have to purchase another advert to continue based on their fair usage policy:

10.2 Although we do not expect our fair usage limits to be breached by genuine landlords, we reserve the right to remove or limit all adverts which are generating a disproportionately high number of viewing requests, or where 3 months have elapsed from the time of publishing the advert.

however:

1.I am not in control of who requests to view
2.I the landlord is dealing with all enquires and not OR

I don’t see how this causes an issue to OR and I feel it’s really unfair…

Anyone else in the same boat?

How many requests for viewings have you had for them to do that? I had over 40 in about a day & they left my property up - I had to suspend it myself in order to reply to everyone & organise viewings - they didn’t touch my ad, even though it was exploding.

Its been over 100 in 14 days

If you’ve had that many expressions of interest, have you actually replied & organised viewings? IMO you should probably have hit pause yourself at 50, max (even that would be too many for me personally to organise!). If you can’t find a good tenant with a hundred expressions of interest, then there’s an issue with your property anyway.

1 Like

Yea if I knew about the rule before hand maybe i would have,

Just because someone wishes to view doesnt mean they may be a good tenant…

3 Likes