New landlord petition for the parliament

Looks like this petition is doing rounds for signature so thought of sharing it with the community. Naturally not all landlords may agree with it but those who do can sign it

6 Likes

What planet does Mr Bhattacharya live on. A more appropriate petition for most local authorities would be to allow landlords to evict tenants who are six months in arrears in under a year. Talk about learning to run before you can walk or even learning to fly before you can crawl!

1 Like

I do think 14 days is rather tooo ‘keen’ !! However I do think that Tenants that won’t allow access for annual property inspection And Gas engineer Cp12 accessAND doesn’t pay a penny rent in 7 months… demonstrates that those Landlords who Operate by the letter and extend flexibility in times of hardship, are being used & abused by tenants and the Government! When the housing minister says no evictions for 6 months then extends this’ on a statement that we cannot allow evictions due to the fact the Government cannot cope with thousands being made HOMELESS. Well who is subsiding this? Yes you got it… the Landlords. Our tenant has at last vacated … with no pressure but evidently the Elec co. With warrant for entry, a debt of £2504!!! How can that accumulate??? A gas bill and water bill all in different names!!! Not to mention it has cost us ££££ to put right the damages ( holes in plasterwork and doors) carpets, cleaning and decoration, and garden!! Prompted her disappearance. Does the housing minister have any understanding of the financial, & physical Distress we endure whilst Landlords( good responsible ones) are left high , dry and out of pocket and energy. ?I’m selling up… Done with this!!!

1 Like

14 days??? Nah. I believe eviction should start after negotiations break down with 2 month arrears. I keep saying I always use rent guarantee. It pays in the end for a small amount of money each year.

1 Like

Sorry, but although I think things are being stacked too much against landlords of late, 14 days is way too short a time.

I would not want to evict someone for that.

1 Like

2 months is ok. we need a seperate court just for housing issues. There used to be a housing tribunal years ago

1 Like