I had 3 tenants in my property. One of them moved out.
So, I had to remove the tenant who left and also an increase in the rent.
Tenants agreed to sign a new tenancy agreement.
Is it ok to create a new inventory, though two of the tenants remaining in the property are from the previous tenancy?
I was wondering whether anyone can share a template for the inventory.
The recommended sequence of events in this case is:
- Do a check-out inspection and propose any deductions from the deposit for damage
- End the tenancy through a deed of surrender
- Re-fund the balance of the deposit to the tenants
- Draft a new inventory and take new photos
- Take and protect a new deposit from the remaining tenants
- Sign a new tenancy agreement with the remaining tenants.
- Serve the tenants with all the other required documents.