New tenant complaining about tops of kitchen cupboards being dirty

Hi

I think she has set up a standing order as like you say DD are not as straight forward.

She is on housing benefits as well so it’s all a bit more complicated.

I do hope it’s just teething issues with this tenant. Only time will tell

Someone on housing benefit is asking for a months free rent because the top of kitchen cupboards are dirty? What planet is this person on?? On principle I would get rid at first chance. They should grab onto property with both hands not try to play the victim and take advantage of hard working decent people. Make them realise they are fortunate.

5 Likes

Hi

I know mark its madness there is no pleasing some people

You could tell them the rent money wouldnt be theirs to keep anyway if it were “free”!

1 Like

the fact that it is a bit dusty and the tenant took it on does not entitle her to a discount. She can give you the property back dirty when she leaves.
You ca offer to fix this but like any other problem you have to show that you are taking reasonable steps. Issues arise and the rent still has to be paid in full.
At times you may offer a goodwill gesture but not for something like this. Either your tenat is naive or is trying it on. In either cse you should stick to your guns here. Certainly no snooping. That can only land you in deep water.

Hi

Thanks for your reply very true words and I am sticking to my guns and hoping for the best.

for good order send her a reminder for the rent amount and due date ahead of time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.