Not posssible to delete messages

Just wondering if this functionality would be added?

As I have multiple unrelevant messages, and those are filling my inbox.

1 Like

Hi Avi, if you are the tenant, you can cancel enquiries and then filter them out of your conversatinos view using the filters button.

Sam

Hi Sam,
Can you please explain how can I cancel the enquiry? I haven’t found this functionality as well.

Please can you explain again why this is so complictaed? If I have 50 old inquires, should I waste time accessing each and every one of them and doing the cancelation instead of just deleting the meesage?

It seems that the DEV team have not tried the product for the ease of use, and it’s not user friendly at the moment.

1 Like

Hi Avi, to cancel an enquiry, just click into the enquiry from your enquiry managment page, and hit the big, red Cancel Enquiry button. It looks like this:

image (51)

I don’t personally find this to be too complicated, but I’d be eager to hear what issues you’re having with it so that we can improve the site.

This would be very irregular. Most tenants enquire about ~5 properties before they find their home.

Canceling is pretty much the same as deleting, so I don’t think it’s the case that ‘deleting’, which you would presumably do by pressing a ‘delete’ button would be any faster than canceling, which you currently do by clicking a ‘cancel’ button.

I hope this covers all your questions and let me know if you have any more feedback for the team.

Sam

Hi Sam,

For some reason if the property was moved to ‘Let Agreed’ status recently then it possible to cancel the inquiry, but for old properties (few months ago) it is not possible to do so.

Recent listing
Recent

Old listing
Old

And again it doesn’t really ease the user experience, as I’m required to go to the propertie’s details and select the conversation window and press the cancellation button (if it was working).

Why shouldn’t it be possible to do from the main message’s window to save time?

1 Like

Also, why shouldn’t be possible to just delete the message?

Some of the landlords of the properties reply that they have an offer that is in process, but if this would not be finalised they would be happy to contact back to me.

Canceling the enquiry is probably deletes the rent request from the landlord’s meesage box, so in that case I would be interested to keep the enquiry at the landlord’s side, but just to delete it from the mail box.

1 Like

Plesae find below a ghost listing that could not be removed from my enquiry list:

As it seen below, not possible to do anything:
LetAgreed2

1 Like

And the cancelled enquiries are still cluttering the mail box:

1 Like

Hi Avi, thanks for this. I’m passing it on to our team who will look into improving this part of the site.

Sam

2 Likes

Hi I have never seen this big red CANCEL ENQUIRY button, only ever REJECT ENQUIRY.
Would love to delete so many redundants

1 Like

I also have not seen the CANCEL ENQUIRY button, it is very annoying not being able to delete dead enquiries… also makes it hard to see the new ones, with so much “dead wood”

2 Likes

Agree that I’d like to see the function to delete/archive old messages.

1 Like

I agree with OP that the process to cancel requests is absolutely not user-friendly and way off what we can expect in this day and age. You can do better with UX. We should be able to delete messages on the go. Also, yes it is absolutely normal to send 50 messages - do you not live in London? It’s absolutely normal in London.
Thanks.

1 Like

Is there still no functionality that enables us to delete messages? OpenRent it would be hugely helpful to have this in as I seem to spend most of my time trawling through old messages to get to the live ones.

It would also be great if you could offer a viewing calendar function so that it is easy for tenants and landlords to see when viewing slots are available and save half the time booking them and endless messages and replies to get something secured. Would love to know if this is something you are considering?

1 Like