Oversea's tenant

The wife lives and works in UK and will be added onto the AST

The husband is due to come to UK next month when the tenancy starts. At present he doesn’t have a brp.

What is the best course of action?

Take legal advice
If the tenancy has not started I would not take it on
Legally he should not be resident if he does not have immigration clearance
The financial penalties to you will be significant
Do you want to go to jail for these people