Places to rent at 16

Hiya I was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I could rent as a 16 year old, as me and my partner are having trouble finding somewhere in Corby, we only want properties in Corby as we don’t want to be far from family, would preferably like a house/flat around stevie way. We don’t want a shared accommodation! We would need 1-3 bedded house/flat, the most we could pay a month including bills is £550. Thank you

No one is going to rent to a 16 year old if they are smart.

You can’t enter into contract, you’re too young to be responsible and how are you going to pay?

Stay at home with your parents, or if things are bad at home go to the council for help.

My boyfriend is 18 and has a well paid job I also work and have a bit of money saved up plus money that’s coming in, we are both more than capable of paying rent every month and all the bills that come with that, we are both very responsible people and want a place of our own. We would be quite happy to pay 6 months worth of rent up front if that would make people a bit more confident that we could afford it, and it could take years to get a flat or house on the council, and I would probably get put in shared accommodation which I don’t want

Ditto 16 year old cannot enter into a contract

I suspect your boyfrind, at 18 would have to take a tenancy in his sole name, so his affordability & credit reference etc would need to be good on his own. At only 18, he’ll struggle to proof he is a good risk / good payer, so if there is any family that could sign as guarantor, that might help him find somewhere.

Its difficult for people to find rental property at the moment, so I’d recommend he gets all of his proof of income at hand, copies of bank statements to show he can manage money, and starts selling himself to potential Landlords / Agents. Good luck

A few of my close friends and even my sister came on here at 16 asking about to find a property to rent and they all found someone who would rent to them so thaught I would give it a try but so far everyone is being so negative about it😂

Thank you it definitely is a struggle but I’ve seen people do it so I’m hoping for the best