Section 21 or straight notice letter

Hi, sorry but I am new here and in need off advice. I wanted to check whether Section 21 is the way forward for us to get our property back.

We rented to friends on an AST and renewal was June 8, 2020 this didn’t get renewed so straight to periodic. We have received complaints from our neighbours about parties , noise, etc, and have decided to sell the property its just too much hassle. Do I serve a section 21 or just send them a letter saying we are selling and would like them to vacate 3 months from now.

thank you and appreciate any help.

Hi. If they are friends I would send a covering letter along with the formal S21.

1 Like