Selective licensing

Hi, Re selective licensing. Licensing is being brought in to my area soon so does an empty property need to be licensed? Our council site doesn’t give much information. What’s required for application eg EPC gas Certs etc? Pete

epc elec cert. gas cert. you name it. ! dont kow about if empty tho.

HI Peter, properties only need to be licensed if they are being let. If they are not being let, however, then the local authority may have other policies on vacant housing, such as council tax surcharges, that will come into play.

Different selective schemes have diferent requirements. The application is usually made via the local authority website and information can usually be found there.