Share of freehold

I am buying a share of freehold flat with the mortgage in my name.

For the purpose of the management company - I will need to be registered as a director and I wanted to also co-register my husband at the same time (although he will not be in the deeds or mortgage).

Is this permissible or how do we go about doing this?

If your husband doesn’t have a legal interest in the property then I cant see how he could become a Director of the freehold company. You should check with the solicitor who is doing the conveyancing for you.

In my limited experience the appointment of directors is not carried out by the conveyencer but is sorted out directly with the management company after purchase.

Usually each property has only one vote in decisions so not sure it is necessary to have both of you named as directors. I guess you could ask the management company but it would be odd to appoint a director who has no direct involvement in the property

If you look the company up on Companies House, the articles of association (often found in the incorporation documents unless they have been subsequently amended) may tell you what the rules are for membership/directorship (the two are not the same thing and may have different requirements).

PS just realised this is an old post resurrected, so probably irrelevant for the OP now!