Sub meter installation

Can my landlord put a electric sub meter in my house, under my name to supply and count the electricity used for an outhouse which is not in my name?
She want to rent out the outhouse as office space and wants the sub meter in my house, therefore the total bill will be in my name.

its quite common to do this but the total bill should not be in your name as there are 2 meters. there are lots of commercial properties which over the years have been subdivided and rather than build a separate power supply infrastructure they make this kind of arrangement

1 Like

Thank you for replying. No, she told me it would all be calculated together and be added onto my bill and we just calculate it ourselves and she pay her share. I didn’t agree to go ahead with this which has now resulted in her evicting us

I have sub metered 3 of my commercial properties .I pay the bills and then get the money off
the appropiate tenants

Are these bills in your name or each tenants name. I’m wondering how my landlord can calculate who owes what if the bill is inclusive of the sub meter

1 Like

dead easy. Read the sub meter and look at the bill charges .take the amount OFF the main meter

1 Like

Where you have a commercial retail shop let on a long lease and a separately accessed residential flat with a single water supply. Additionally the cost of installing a separate supply is incredibly high, is it cost effective and relatively easy to install a sub water meter? Does the meter show cost of usage in value? Finally is this generally acceptable to all parties concerned or can they refuse?