Tenant credit checks

tenant credit checks - my letting agent informed me that they will not share the credit check report of tenant with me note show me the details is this correct ?

As landlord we are liable to ensure we have checked the right to rent and proper credit check before tenancy starts. I paid for the check through the full
Management package no feel let down as I don’t get the see the details of the credit check to assess worthiness Of the potential tenant

right or not I would want to see the details .I will not trust an agent to tell the truth They are on a fee , more important to them than you are. Do a credit report yourself and you will learn more

2 Likes

That is very odd. Must be an issue. Tell them you want your money back and get another agent. This is indicative of a bad agency.

3 Likes

I’m going to clarify and agree with both comments thus Far

Agents often claim this is due to gdpr but its not true. See here:

Thank you so much , fantastic

I made it clear to my letting agent that I wanted to see the report. It was eventually agreed, since I am self-managing the property.

2 Likes

Absolutely right. your place ,your decision to let or not

1 Like

Often the report is not very specific it just says yes or know for a value. As a point of principle I think you should be allowed to see it (even if you go into the agent office to view) however I don’t think it will give the level of detail you might like.

2 Likes

Hi Anne

thanks, when you say self managing do you mean you do not use an agent to do management ?

Hello Narinder, yes, I manage all my properties myself. I find it cost-effective, and I do a much better job than agents LOL!!!

4 Likes