Tenant from abroad

For landlords advice

I am about to take a tenant from abroad. I am not able to do a credit check as they are from abroad.
They have offered me 6 months advance rent. They will give a holding deposit via OPENRENT. They seem like very good professional people and I am happy to go ahead. I would like to know if this is ok or is there any more checks i need to do?

google in "tenant from abroad " and also go on gov . website Then you will be taught "how to fish "

1 Like

You have to do a Right to Rent check to make sure they are legally allowed to.
If you get it wrong there is a heavy fine or jail.

How you do this check ?

Rashmi1you need to join the NRLA. There is a load of regulations for landlords

1 Like

You obviously have not met these people face to face, personally there is no way I would contemplate offering them a tenancy over the phone they may sound ok but are they ???

2 Likes

Met them on zoom
I sign all paperwork
They are a couple with kid
Coming to settle kid in top school
It all looks good

Before they arrive, provide them all the paperwork the law states you must provide: safety certificates, etc. Open rent provide a checklist for this on thir site somewhere.

Yes … all uploaded on open rent portal
Open rent doing all referencing and handling deposit etc

Hi there,
I am dealing with a overseas tenant, they will move in two months later, they can offer 12 months rent upfront, do you know how to work this with Open Rent, so they should pay Open rent and Open rent will hold the fund for tow months? May I know how you work on the upfront rent with Open Rent? do you use Open rent to draft a contract?
Thanks