Tenant request for extra heater in flat

EPC 2030

Setting long-term energy performance standards

Government has committed to look at a long term trajectory to improve the energy performance standards of privately rented homes in England and Wales, with the aim for as many of them as possible to be upgraded to EPC Band C by 2030, where practical, cost-effective and affordable.

We are exploring policy design options with a view to consultation in due course. We ran a series of regional stakeholder workshops in England and Wales this summer to discuss options.

This tenant has been complaining about this and that. So it is not as simple as buying a heater. More demands will come for sure.

Arrange a time to visit the flat and check out how long it takes to heating the place to the desired degree. Throw the emotion aside although we know what is lying underneath.

1 Like

I am but with so many bad tenants itā€™s difficult getting a chance to prove myself and I understand why landlords are reluctant as itā€™s as housing is costly! My sister is a landlord so I see how a bad tenant can put so much stress not only financially but emotionally, it donā€™t understand why tenants donā€™t treat their rented homes as their own because as far as I am concerned itā€™s is my home as long as Iā€™m paying rent and I want to have a nice garden, a clean environment and donā€™t see why that should change just because Iā€™ve not got a mortgage on the place!
Like you say it is a mutual relationship and I am thankful my landlord past and future have entrusted me with one of the most expensive things they own and so at the end of my tenancies Iā€™ve always tried to help as much as I can when they need to look for a new tenant and a decent notice period is the least I can do as I know itā€™s definitely needed.

3 Likes