Tenants breaking contract early

Our tenants want to leave before the end of the contract and before the 6 month break clause.

They stated it was due to medical condition as its a top floor flat.

We said if we could find tenants then we may be able to accommodate.

Received message today to say today is there last day and will not be back in the flat.

We do we stand?

Surely legally they are responsible for condition of flat and bills until we find another tenant?

They asked whether to leave fridge on or off!

Could we state that they are still legally responsible for condition and all bills until either end of tenancy or a new tenant takes over?

They are dss, this is last time we accept dss!.

Thanks in advance

you can say it , it will probably make no difference. Lesson there , makes it harder for similar customers

Even with a contract, surely they have a responsibility?

they do of course . You can try . If they have the means to pay.

We still have the deposit which we could claim against I suppose.

that is your best hope You will get no help off LA They are all scumbags. No wonder landlords are selling up . Increase the rent for next tenant a little to cover losses. Take no one like this again

3 Likes

Thanks for responding

If I were you, I would rush around there with a deed of surrender and a witness and end the tenancy, otherwise youre going to have a bigger problem, which is that the tenant could later claim illegal eviction.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.