Tenants can jointly pay rent, but lead tenant failed

I have lovely potential tenants for my flat. The lead tenant has failed checks as she earns slightly less than her partner, but between them they earn enough to pay the rent. How can I get them to both pass? I need to take out rental insurance, as this is my main income.

Hi Jill,

Even if your tenants fail referencing, RGI will still be available if a UK-based guarantor can be successfully referenced and added to the reports.

The insurance is priced at £89 for 12 months inclusive of all taxes. Once referencing has completed, you can purchase the insurance here:


Alternatively you can purchase or obtain more information from our insurance partner directly on 0113 320 7368.

Do let us know if we can help with anything else.

Kind regards,