Training forum/ rent review

Hi all

I’m after some advice please:

1- firstly, can anyone recommend any particular landlord training platforms so that I can be fully up to speed with the plethora of regulations?

2- secondly, pending this, I would like to review the rent on one of my properties which is well below the market rate and currently loss- making after the mortgage renewal. I increased it last slightly but thought it fair to not increase by a lot in one go. Am I still able to give a month’s notice to the tenant or is this longer now? Last year I just notified them via a text message. Does this now need to be more formal?

Many thanks

Join a landlord association. They have all the documents you need and some good foundation training courses.

Thanks David. Any particular one you’d recommend?

There arent too many around. I’m a member of the Narional Residential Landlords Association, which is the largest.

Thanks. Do you think joining is enough or should I also aim to do the landlord fundamentals course? I’ve spoken to them and they said it’s helpful for accreditation. I don’t think my council needs this. Should I do it anyway? I’ve been a landlord for 5 years now without any problems but just need to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Yes, I would recommend this course having done it myself. I guarantee there will be things in there you dont know about.

Thanks for your advice. I’ll go ahead and book.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.