Upfront rent- overseas student and Hong Kong national

Dear All
I get a lot of enquiries from Hong Kong nationals who seem to find it hard to get rental properties. They have BNO, but either they are renting to start a business here and get their teenagers educated here.
They are willing to pay upfront 6 months rent. But ask for 1 yr tenancy. Of course the UK credit checks donot capture their data. Some of them enquire from Hongkong especially students who have the support from parents to study here. What is the best way of screening while they are residing overseas?
I have had many who enquire via a friend/uncle from Hongkong who speak better english and reside here in UK as a mediator.
I do think that most of the enquiries are genuine and wanting to make the plunge in UK and settle here.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.