Washine machine repair

Hello,

Would be grateful for some advice. I am a first time landlord. My tenants have been in the property since November 2023.

I have built in appliances including a washing machine. My tenants have messaged me saying the dryer function on the washing machine doesnt work and they want me to arrange a repair.

I hadnt even realised the washing machine had this function (i had never used it when i lived in the property) and had never advertised or listed the propery as having a dryer. I personally dont have one currently in my own home and see them as a bit of a luxury in the UK.

Where do i stand with this and what are peoples thoughts? Should i get this repaired as a goodwill gesture or is it not necessary? Am i legally obliged?

Many thanks in advance!

supplied white goods you repair ,good tenants? You want to keep them? This is the problem with built in white goods.

1 Like

I am a relative newby and upgraded a washing machine with a washer/dryer in a 2 bed flat just last month. I was concerned about the potential for damp and mould if the tenants are constantly drying clothes over the bath or on the radiators. If the property has outside space for drying clothes it is less of a necessity.

Condensing washer/dryers are a lot cheaper than dealing with condensation and mould in a property. I recommend them to all new Ts and most have them. I would def not consider them a luxury.

2 Likes