Where to get a Fire door?

Hello!

I have a flat in London which needs a replacement front door. So I’m looking for someone who sells and installs FD30 front doors for a good price.

Any provider recommendations? And what should it cost?
I’m seeing a lot of providers which will custom make them for thousands of pounds, but I’m not sure if that’s the average. It’s an ex-local block, so nothing fancy is needed.

Thanks in advance!

I have fitted dozens of fire doors in my time an fd 30 needs 3 hinges , an itumescent strip and a door closer, the itu should idealy be fitted in a deep rebate frame. THey come panelled and plain flush ,.Its a days work,. doors up north about 60£ Google "Jeld wen " They do fire doors that fit into the standard frame and approved by L A… I fitted fd 30 to all my flats and used overhead door closers not peko door closers . the overheads last for years…

2 Likes

thanks Colin, that’s exactly it!
I’m struggling to find someone who will install it, but my search continues!

Not always the best suggestion but have you tried Facebook and a Business Stars type page local to the area for the flat. or a local locksmith may know. Failing that find a co that does general fire protection and fire extinguishers with commissioning as they may know someone.