Air BnB vs Long Term Renting

I would join Facebook groups - Landlords UK is a good one and All about Property - just look for groups with big following… but I suspect reading what goes on with tenants will put you off being a landlord. Joining NRLA is a good idea. they give free advice, free templates for forms.Dont waste money on all these stupid trainings - been there done that! Its probably best to use an Agent - except some are useless like mine are. Open Rent is a good alternative to an Agent - and they make sure you are fully compliant with the law and all the stuff you have to give to tenants. Open rent is 50 stg to advertise your property, 10 stg to collect, this includes giving you the AST and you can add clauses to the AST.

1 Like

Thank you for such in depth response.

I have just joined some fb groups and have seen some horror stories, but I guess I have to try at least, because I can not allow for my apartment to be empathy forever. I do not want to sell either, as it’s my pension nest-egg.
It’s all I have!

I will definitely take on board what you said about using Open Rent and will try learn as much as possible about the law etc before I commit to renting my home.

I was wanting to do offer it as a holiday let, but my council has stated I’m not able to use it for this purpose- so AST it is!

I’m sure our paths will cross again.

Thank you :pray:t2:
Star

Seems to me Susan 25 is a very experienced investor. I can see that she has to juggle a lot of balls in the air to make it work for her but I am guessing it is a full time job with lots of ups and downs.
I have a friend who had serviced apartments, he has decided the aggravation of juggling people to service them has become to much. Employing people has become harder and they are less reliable. For a quieter life he is going back to AST’s. I can see Air B&B as being even worse to manage.
My take on this is I have 8 props on AST with very little trouble, and good tenants, I can go on holiday without a worry

1 Like

Hi Leslie, you also have much extra and knowledge from your experience of managing 8 ASTs !

I’d love to connect and learn from you - I’m literally an amateur.

Regards
S

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.