Short term let advice please

Hi Everyone.
I’ve been trying to rent my property since December and so far not had the right tenant/family.
Feeling a bit disheartened by it all at the moment by it all and with other factors such as high mortgage payments and stress of finding the correct tenant that would be ok for my selective licence I’m considering selling the property a year or two earlier than planned.
If the house goes up for sale I would still need to generate a bit of income to pay the mortgage as it’s quite high.
I’ve been considering renting a room at the property just to tide me over on a short term let and was wondering if anyone else has done this and could give me any advice as I’ve only ever had tenants on long tenancy agreements.
The property is in London and can’t be let out on Airbnb for more than 90 days of occupied nights per year.
Has anybody used spare rooms platform to advertise a short term let room.
Thanks very much

1 Like

Is this a property you live in? If not, then I would have thought that 90 days of Airbnb would be enough to get you most of the way to a sale if you put it on the market now.

1 Like

If you do not live in the property yourself and you just rent a room it may end up forming an agreement that you did not wish to make. If you live in the property then you may have more options such as a ‘flat mate’. What are the constraints of the licence with regard to people and households?

1 Like