Alternative form of payment

I currently do not have access to my card (as I am waiting for a replacement due to it being stolen yesterday) so cannot make online payments but I need to make a the payment for holding deposit etc, are there other ways of paying rather than online?

The landlord has given me his bank details but I wanted to make sure this was allowed and secure before I send any money over.

Can anyone help?

It’s probably fine to pay the LL and LLs can take holding deposits directly but if concerned you could ask family or friend to make payment to open rent and transfer money to them.

Clarify by email that you have paid X amount into his account for a holding deposit for (address).

Depending on how you are going to transfer you are usually able to put something in the reference box. Characters are often limited but put ‘Holding Deposit’ so this will show on his bank statement.