Appliances- who is liable : tenant or landlord

Hi Victoria, damages can be deducted from the tenancy deposit. Wear and tear cannot be deducted. If you think the hose was damaged, then you can make a note and deduct the replacement cost from the deposit. If the tenant disagrees then the deposit resolution service can decide.

Having an inventory is a great start. But it might be hard to prove damage over wear and tear, however.