AST agreement for new tenant

Hi all, first time I’ve used OpenRent so just getting used to the process. I have found a tenant and want to start the referencing process so have asked the tenant for a holding deposit. She says she must agree with the Holding Deposit Terms and Conditions which in turn require her to accept the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. Shes happy to proceed but there are items in the agreement (page 3) that require the landlord to set out the specific terms of the rental e.g. rent, address, deposit.

So my question is - how do I create an AST with my specific details on?

Many thanks

Hi @Mel2 -

Thanks for posting. Your tenant does not have to agree to an AST in order to place a holding deposit. Please just let your tenant know they’ve misread something, and to contact us if they have any questions.

The terms they agree to actually specifically state that a holding deposit offer is not an AST:

12.5. For the avoidance of doubt, if the landlord proceeds with the application following the Offer, this does not in itself constitute an Assured Shorthold Tenancy or other Tenancy Agreement.

In any case, the AST itself is generated later in the process, and once you’ve had a chance to review the terms / make any adjustments you need to. You can learn more about the Rent Now process here.

Thanks!
Daz.

Thanks Daz thats helpful :slight_smile: