AST clause for guarantor

I use OpenRent to just find and reference tenants,but handle my own contract creation. based on the original OpenRent sample contract.
My new tenant, a doctor from overseas with a 12 month Hospital contract in the UK failed referencing because their basic is just too low, they will earn overtime etc so I have no worries.
They have just come up with a guarantor who passed referencing, so I need to modify my AST to include the guarantor. I cannot find the OpenRent AST samples they used to publish, does anyone have a guarantor clause in their AST they can show me?

You need a separate Deed of Guarantee and there is a process to follow in the way you process it. I suggest you join one of the landlord associations, who have all the documents you need, including a replacement for what sounds like an out of date tenancy agreement template.

1 Like

You need a separate Deed of Guarantee and there is a process to follow in the way you process it. I suggest you join one of the landlord associations, such as NRLA or Landlord Law, who have all the documents you need, including a replacement for what sounds like an out of date tenancy agreement template.