Bathroom refurbishment - help please

Which concealed cistern is best??

Shall I go for pneumatic cistern push button types which can be repaired from top (worktop can be removed)

Or standard geberit type cistern? Which can be fixed from front?? I have one of this type in my house - no problem till now in 7 years !

geberit cistern

£49.50p an hour for well experienced builder !!

Architect / developer actually with lots of hands-on experience.

Cheap at half the price.

I’ve got x3 Geberit Omega concealed cisterns converted to pneumatic button use with disguised top access similar to Chris35’s first photo. Went for wall-hung pans for easier cleaning underneath. Same course of tiling throughout bathroom (floors and walls) and the ‘access tile’ held in place by gravity on timber supports underneath and with matt silicone that matches the grout colour (Mapei). Its completely disguised. Should the need ever arise, just cut the silicone and lift out the tile. Clean the old silicone off, pop the tile back in and reseal. Easy. Fortunately, the cisterns and button are still working just fine 7 years on.

1 Like

Hi there,

Exciting times with your bathroom refurbishment! Here are some quick tips:

1. Look for concealed cisterns with top access panels for easy repair without tile damage. Brands like Geberit and Grohe offer such options.
  2. Aim for about 15 inches between the toilet and sink, and on each side of the toilet for comfort in a small space.
  3. Fully tiled walls can create a spacious feel, but consider halfway tiling if you’re worried about it feeling too enclosed.
  4. Neutral tile colors like beige, gray, or soft white are timeless and won’t age quickly.

For more tips, check out [LueLiving] your destination for modern living advice.

Best, [Arslan Mgl]

1 Like