Carbon monoxide

I assume carbon monoxide alarm and smoke alarm are different ?
Are both required in place with solid fuel ?
Do both need Certificate of being fitted?

Smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms are different.
Smoke alarms are require in all properties ( location depends on style of property and CO are required in all rooms where solid fuel is burnt).
Any new fitting of alarms should always be certified by your electrician ( they give a separate certificate to an electrical installation certificate). I would always advise certification as the council does ask for them and then tenants cannot refute installation.

1 Like