Description and key photo not showing on Rightmove or Zoopla after 6 Hours?

I placed my first ad using OPENRENT last evening. All entered fine. Today I have checked both Rightmove and Zoopla to find my description to be missing and a key photo showing the house Garage to be missing. I have read and understand that the description and some photos are to be vetted first which can take up to 6 hours, but we are now past that. As it stands the RM and Z adverts have absolutely no mention of the garage, as its in my description, and no indication as the Garage photo isn’t included. This will reduce the initial appeal impact. I have contacted OpenRent Help, ans await a reply. Does anyone else have a similar experience and did it get sorted? Thanks.

1 Like

I dont think they work weekends . Be patient it will happen.

1 Like

I’ve just gone live on OpenRent, Right Move & Zoopla and have noticed that Right Move & Zoopla only allow 10 photos which I didn’t realise. They’ve missed one of the main kitchen photos in preference for a picture of the Oval park opposite and just one picture of the kitchen sink area. It’s a large kitchen and this can’t be seen! I have now deleted a couple of photos on Open Rent in the hope that Right Move & Zoopla will put the relevant kitchen photo on so fingers crossed?!

Hey guys I would just wait a few days, all your photos and correct description will update in time. Mine took about two to three days to be updated on all portals and I had 13 photos.

2 Likes

You’re right Jason - all good now and many thanks for your reply.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Very annoying that there is no one you can speak to in order to fix this. Does anyone have a direct number for them?

I’ve changed the picture count to under 10 and updated the listing, as I read over 10 pictures might be a problem, but the issue remains. Also, no description either. Frustrating.

If anyone has resolved a similar issue please do let me know.

This still seems to be an issue. My advert went live yesterday and appeared on Rightmove and Zoopla in the evening. My carefully worded text was omitted and the generic 'We are pleased…" appeared instead. Some of the photos were also missing, but there seems to be no explanation why on the Openrent site.

I wondered if there was a limit to the number of photos allowed on Zoopla and Rightmove, so deleted a few to leave the best 10 visible, but alas even more disappeared from the portals! Now they show just 7 pictures, which do not include my preferred ones. It’s even more frustrating that the uploaded floorplan with a tick in the floorplan box has been omitted, as this is generally the first thing I want to look at if I am searching for properties.

The Openrent website has scarce information about how your advert will appear and it’s a bit late to find the details missing in your advert after it has gone live! My hope was to arrange block viewings as early as possible, but I expect the substandard advert on Rightmove will put some potential Tenants off.

I tried emailing last night, but no replies as yet and phoned this morning to be told someone would have to get back to me. I’m now wondering about pulling the advert until it can be displayed properly.

Okay, maybe I panicked too quickly; the Rightmove ad has now been ammended to include the text, floorplan and some more pictures.
I guess it takes a little time to vet everything, but I would prefer it was done correctly before being published.

I’ve also had this problem last night. The advert is up on Rightmove and Zoopla, but with generic open rent text that really doesn’t sell my house.

This is a poor experience, because any prospective tenants with alerts set up on Rightmove will see the ad in its current generic form. It doesn’t highlight any of the features of the house, and will probably harm the number of enquiries we get.

I don’t fully understand why if they can submit the generic text, they can’t just submit the full description I wrote instead.