Doing the paperwork for tenancy. Can we serve it by e-mail?

Hi, forum.

We’re preparing paperwork for the tenancy, including this hefty guide “How to Rent”. It’s eaten all our paper supply. In the future is it possible to do it electronically to avoid this stash of paper? Our Tenancy Agreement states that any paperwork can be served by e-mail.
How does everybody else do it? Did you go paperless? How do you get T’s signature? We’re doing everything outside of any platform because we don’t trust anyone as much as we trust ourselves.

Thank you.

That’s why I do the lot myself.
I issue how to rent, epc, gas safe etc in person and they sign at check-in to say received them. No doubts I’m covered then.

You must have a lot of rent guides to print!

I know. That’s why we feel there should be an alternative to this whack of paper. If you’re not careful and waving it around, you can cause injury to somebody.

I do it paperless. If you have Adobe Acrobat you can save files as a pdf and send them via email and get tenants to sign digitally.

1 Like

The publication itself says that it can be emailed as a pdf file to the tenant provided you have the tenants prior written consent. I email it.

1 Like

Email all the way except for the tenancy agreement which we both wet sign as I do the identity and any other document checks in person.

1 Like