Energy suppliers

Hi, just looking for a little help. I moved into a property in feb 24 which was previously a holiday let. Shortly after moving in I received a letter from Pozitive energy advising me I was entering a contract with them ( they supplied the gas when a holiday let ) and that I was currently on a deemed tariff.I emailed back explaining I did not wish to enter a contract with them and explained that I am the new tenant of the property which is now domestic. They replied saying once they had received notification from my new supplier they would change over. I then went online to obtain energy suppliers quotes and was unable to do so as the property was listed as a business. I emailed my landlord explaining the situation, that I was being charged extortionate rates and that the price cap was not applicable due to the property being listed as a business. She basically has come back to me with findings off google and handed the problem over to me. I have now received a £700 gas bill for 8 weeks of being in the property.
I have again emailed Pozitive energy explaining all the above again and making them aware that I am a tenant of a domestic property for which they are not regulated to supply domestic properties but am getting nowhere. Im at my whits end and do not know what to do now.

Write to the energy ombudsman
You will need evidence of domestic residence,e.g. a council tax letter.

1 Like