Experience of induction hobs

Forgive my ignorance, but why would this necessitate the tenant replacing their pots and pans?

New pots….they have to be magnetic so iron or steel, not aluminium.

2 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply.
You learn something new every day.

I like ceramic hobs as they are easy to keep clean, and not overly pricey, the tenants were very impressed with them, and have all been OK with them so far. Any cooker will be destroyed if it isn’t looked after or suffers the effect that time and cleaning has on it, and I wouldn’t be so upset if it hadn’t cost a fortune in the first place.

1 Like

good pots for induction are unaffordable these days, I have induction over the last 10 yrs not by choice by necessity as the house has no central gas. Don’t regret at all, very fast cooking compared to gas which gets wasted heating dead space, also clean surface, no more hard work of cleaning gas burners, renters have blocked gas burners and when this happens it is a nightmare. However induction can break if not looked after. So I would put cheaper ceramic ones in a property to let.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.