Foreign Landlord

I am a UK citizen resident in the USA. I would like to rent my home out in the UK and wondered if OpenRent legally and administratively caters for my situation. I have a local family who can manage the house.

Thanks in advance.

I think the only requirement is for you to have a UK address where the tenant can serve notice. If this friend is happy to use their own address then that is all you need.

I don’t think it would work for you, e.g. who is going to do the initial viewings, including the ones where you wait 20 minutes and finally they don’t show up? who is going to go round and do the inventory, all the cleaning, minor repairs, etc etc. Openrent is most suitable for people who live close to their property, if you live more than say 100miles away then you are better having an agent.


This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.