Help! Stuck in a loop with Open Rent and they won't talk to me

First time I’ve used the Rent Now option. The lead tenant failed affordability by £100 pcm, clean credit good job,etc. Offered her brother as guarantor. Brother’s job reference has gone into an endless loop where thery chase the employer, huge company, then… computer says ‘no’. In other words they don’t respond (the giant employer). Done my own separate referencing of the guarnator, clean credit file, home owner, seen bank statements and salary slips. I don’t need employer to confirm. But can’t get in touch with open rent in order to proceed to next stage with Rent Now, i.e. digital signing. Tenant wants to move in tomorrow and panicking. Anyone know what I can do to move this on and get Open Rent to accept the guarantor and produce digital documents to sign?

Been a while since I’ve had to do a new contract but there should be an option to skip references which would then take you to next stage. It’s not for open rent to accept a guarantor, thats down to you so if you are already happy with what you have then just skip the referencing stage.

Hi @Gavin6 - Thanks for posting.

As @Richard19 says - if you go to your referencing decision screen, you can click the button titled:

“Accept References - Review & Edit Contract”

You can get to your application from here:

Do let us know if you need further assistance. If you do nothing, the references will time-out after the employer is given a few opportunities to proceed - but you are free to move the application along sooner by following the instructions above.

Regards,
Daz.

Thanks Richard. That seems to have worked! Much obliged.

Many thanks Daz. Finally solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.