OpenRent Community

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO): Licensing, Rules and Definition

Originally published at:

From beginners’ questions to the finest details, this post tells you everything you need to know about Houses in Multiple Occupation. It’s likely that you will need to get an HMO license if renting out an HMO property in England & wales. There are three kinds of HMO licensing: Mandatory, Additional and Selective. Here we…