How this site works

Found property on Facebook, the landlord of the roperty asksking me togive hime my passport, name and phone number .
This is the message he sent :

If you allow me I will explain you the whole process, after I receive your full name, tel.number and a copy of your driver’s license or passport, I will forward your details and OpenRent will contact you, they will send you the booking invoice with the payment. After they confirm your payment, you will receive the keys, you will have 48h to think if you keep the property or not. Then, if everything is OK, you can sign the contract. If something goes wrong, you will receive all your money back in the same day. As i told you before we will use OpenRent company because I really can’t travel to each client interested only to open a door. I want to be sure that the client is legit and already verified by the OpenRent and of course has the cash to rent my property. I had many bad incidents in the past with my old tenants and now I have decided to do it with OpenRent only. Please let me know your final decision
Best Regards
Is it how this site works??!
Or it’s spam?
Thank you

Beware of scams. That is not how it works

2 Likes

load of rubbish . We have heard this one before You will not get your money back

2 Likes

A scam, do not entertain.

1 Like

As a LL I would never advertise on Facebook & I would never recommend anyone rent a property advertised on there - too many scams.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.