How to add new guarantor and tenant to the existing tenancy?

Hello All,

I want to add a tenant and a guarantor to him to my existing tenancy agreement.
Can you please let me know how do I do this?

Thanks
Vinjoy

Dear All,

Any update on above query?
I need to add new tenant along with a guarantor for the existing tenancy agreement as joint tenancy.

Please let me know what options do I have.

Thanks
Vinjoy

Hi Vinjoy, apologies I’ve been away for a few weeks.

Is this a tenancy you created via Rent Now?

Sam

Yeah on OpenRent itself. It against My Tenancies in the OpenRent account.

Appreciate if you could help me sort this out.

Thanks
Vinjoy

Hi Sam,

Can you please let me know if you have any update on the above request?

Thanks
Vinjoy

Hi Vinjoy,

If you need to add or remove any tenants or guarantors from a tenancy agreement you can do so during the last two months of the fixed term, or after the tenancy turns periodic.

Simply select the tenancy that you’d like to edit using the link above and click “See Renewal Options” to follow the online instructions.

You can find our step by step guide here: https://www.openrent.co.uk/kb/articles/360011345437-Changing-a-Tenant-or-Guarantor-in-a-Tenancy

Please note that, as the landlord of the property, you’ll be responsible for releasing and protecting any of the deposit as a result of the renewal. You can find further guidance on doing this in our guide.

If you have any further questions, or if anything is unclear, please feel free to email us at https://www.openrent.co.uk/faq#i-have-more-questions.

Kind regards,
Matthew

Thanks Matthew, but I would like to change before the renewal to add another tenant. As one of their friend has been moved in to the house as well. So want to add all the adults on the agreement.

AST will not change it will remain with same dates. Only thing I want to add another adult along with his guarantor to the agreement document.

Thanks
Vinjoy

Hi Vinjoy,

You could do this with a deed of assignment, but this isn’t currently something OpenRent would be able to do on your behalf.

Sam

Thanks Sam.

Do you have any link where I can get the template for deed of assignment?

Thanks
Vinjoy