How to find DSS tenants claiming Universal Credit

Hello,

Before the pandemic it seemed fairly simple to get hold of tenants claiming Universal Credit/Housing Benefit. However, up till recently it seems impossible to find such tenants. We have a property located in Hammersmith which is vacant and ready to go but cannot find tenants as easy as we used to via local authority or homeless charities. Any other ways we can find DSS tenants actively seeking long term accommodation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi I’m on DSS actively seeking a 2 bedroom flat and I know a load of people who are. I don’t know where you operate but if you do Stockport or know of anybody doing Stockport or specifically hazel grove I would be most grateful if you could let me know I know housing associations desperately want DSS landlords to advertise on whatever area of homechoice and Rightmove and three-sixty living too if this is any help. I have been trying to find a landlord for nearly a year who will accept DSS in hazel grove Stockport but to no avail!!

Best wishes

Deb Taylor

Im on Universal credit DSS desperately looking for accommodation and looking on openrent each and every advert do not accept DSS when you select the X on the advert stating no DSS it says the locals housing benifits do not cover this amount. This is untrue. I would be interested to know what properties you are renting please.

Please give me a call on (personal details removed)

Hi @George35 - thanks for your post. You can advertise properties as “Accepts DSS” or “Accepts Housing Benefits” explicitly on OpenRent, for free. Am sure you’ll receive plenty of enquiries!

Take a look here for details on our advertising packages: Advertise on Rightmove & Zoopla | OpenRent

Thanks, Daz.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.