Landlord retuning

Could really do with advice or help please.
Been in house 10 years, get on with landlord, he lives in America and is returning, and obviously wants to move back in, he has giving us our 2 months notice as required on contanct from 10 years ago.
Due to health issues i have had to drop 2 days work a week causing a significant pay decress, only way forward for us is council housing.
Married with 2 kids, 15 and 11.
Council guy first said we have to stay in house till landlord gets 2 possession orders only then can they help us get another unit to move into. If we move out before that we are making ourselves voluntary homeless and they dont have to help us.
Yesterday we had phone call/email saying that we can again stay in house for these possession orders that the council will pay on our behalf and then move us into new place or we can leave once we recieved 1st and they will put us in temporary accommodation for 6 weeks.
We dont mind doing the 2nd option and that means the landlord can move back on sooner as he is in a air bnb for week after arriving.
2 questions are
How long does it take for first possession order to happen
And second question is could we voluntary move out to mother in laws, (small house buy doable) and if we do that would the council still help us move somewhere and would they wash there hands off and say can’t help you even if it’s a cramped lifestyles
Any replies would be very usefull on this 11th hour of not having a clue

The landlord only needs one possession order. The second thing he needs is a warrant of possession to get bailiffs to evict you. I think it must the this that the Council are referring to. However, I don’t understand why you would have to go into temporary accommodation for 6 weeks once the possession order is received? Have the Council said why this is the case since they have a legal duty to accept you as homeless at that point?

Council makes so much stress for people. It makes me cross that these are your choices Grant. Evicted and have to cause stress for the homeowner and stress for you and your family. Making you choose temporary accommodation only because you don’t want to inconvenience the owner of the house. Really winds me up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.